View the requirements
- 4 tablespoon(s) Hero apricot jam
- 200 g self-rising flour
- 200 g butter
- 50 g pistachios
- 1 pinch of salt
- 200 g sugar
- 4 - eggs
- 8 - fresh apricots
- cake tin
- saucepan or microwave
- pastry brush
1. Preheat the oven to 160 °C and ensure that the butter is at room temperature.
2. Grease the inside of the cake tin lightly with some butter. Cover the tin with baking paper.
3. Place the rest of the butter and the sugar in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and use a mixer to combine it into a smooth mixture. Add the eggs one by one. Keep mixing in between each egg! Once the batter is smooth, pour a thin layer into the cake tin. Now add some apricots and pour in some more batter. Place most of the remaining apricots and the rest of the batter in the cake tin. Place the remaining few pieces of apricot on top so your cake will look as good as it tastes.
4. Bake the cake for 75 minutes until golden brown. Just before the cake is ready, heat the Hero Apricot Jam in a saucepan on the stove or in a bowl in the microwave. When the cake is ready, use a pastry brush to spread the lovely warm apricot jam over the cake. Leave the cake to cool for 15 minutes before removing from the oven.
It’s now ready to slice and serve – enjoy!