Taiwanese style Forest berry jam tart
View the requirements
- for the forest berry filling
- 340 g Hero Jam Forest Berry
- 5 g agar agar powder
- 2 - salted duck egg yolks
- for the crust pastry
- 300 g flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 120 gram icing sugar
- 150 gram cubed butter
- 1 - egg
To prepare the forest berry filling:
1. Combine jam and agar agar. Bring to boil and set aside.
2. Add in salted yolk and cast 25g of Hero forest berry jam into silicon financier mold (rectangular mould 8cm length x 3cm width x 3cm height).
3. Refrigerate or freeze until hardened.
4. Remove from the mold and keep chilled.
To prepare shortcrust pastry:
1. Mix the flour, icing sugar and salt in an electric mixing bowl.
2. Add the butter cubes. Mix on low speed with the paddle until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add the egg and mix to a soft, pliable dough.
4. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C. Divide the dough into 50g parts. Flatten the dough with the hand and wrap the dough around the jam to cover it completely. Press into the financier mold.
2. Bake for 15 to 20minutes, or until golden brown.
- Salted eggs can be replaced by candied ginger, orange, etc.
- Hero Forest berry jam can be replaced with another Hero fruit jam of your choice or can be replaced also with Hero baking jam.